Sarah Cant, Robyn Liebschner & Rebecca Deakin.

A Team of three Animation Students at the University of the West of England.

Firefly, an insight into a made up forest, where there are great trees hosting all kinds of strange plants & creatures. This 2D Traditional Animation follows these creatures as they discover how to make fireflies by using splashes.

Sunday 24 October 2010

Perfect Character Design

Hi Guys,

Great stuff so far. I been looking for more concept stuff for you guys to get inspired from. production Schedule is on its way too, just having a little tiff about how many problems are going to arise atm :)

Tried to put some pictures up but the uploader has conked out.

Type 'Cave Glow Worms' into google, theres a feasible reason that the strings could be glowing. I like how they are rather beady actually.

On another note, I'm making a compilation of sources for the creature design. It'll be the stuff that I recon will work the best (though by all means your input on thoughts!), so it will be a more narrowed down inspiration board.

I've seen some promising creatures so far being drawn, so lets see how far we can push this design :D

I did however find something in my searches I think will make you chuckle.....

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evolution%20Hoax/giraffe_climbing_tree.jpg

If the uploader is still crapping out later, I'll send the other bits as a email instead :)

Sarah x

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah!
    I've got a few sketches and ideas done, it's just that I had to get some things for the sustainability project finished yesterday, but the poster's done and done now :) So I can focus a lot more on this project. Thanks for the cave-worms I'm planning to scan that stuff tomorrow, and start the environment stuff ^-^

    Robyn (If you happen to read this)- I went drawing in Bristol museum today, and they've got some nice stuffed animals like stoats and aye-ayes and bushbabies etc. Pretty good for studies/ see how it looks in 3D.

    Some days I feel like that giraffe. But um, have you actually read the website which that image came from? (Bit of a laugh in itself...)

    ReplyDelete