Sarah Cant, Robyn Liebschner & Rebecca Deakin.

A Team of three Animation Students at the University of the West of England.

Firefly, an insight into a made up forest, where there are great trees hosting all kinds of strange plants & creatures. This 2D Traditional Animation follows these creatures as they discover how to make fireflies by using splashes.

Saturday 6 November 2010

finished story board (?)



Hi guys, I've quickly put together the storyboard using the images and the script, hopefully it should be okay? If not, just comment /email me and I'll be happy to make any changes :) 
By the way - I've updated some of the backgrounds to  be a little darker/ show some fireflies in it - perhaps this might be an idea for the animatic?

Also, while I'm posting... I was starting to think about the layout stage /graticule. To make sure that the characters animate properly, for each of the shots, I'm going to make a high-contrast background to use underneath the paper, sort of in conjunction with the graticule (I think?) But before I can do this, I just need to check that all of the backgrounds are (almost) good to go? The background for shot 1 will need to be broken up into layers for after effects (to get some real perspective) but I was hoping that apart from re-drawing them a bit, that the actual design of them was what we wanted. Again, do let me know what you think of this by email or comments (preferably sooner rather than later?)

1 comment:

  1. thanks for putting that together, its a rather nice way of laying out a storyboard actually! In regards to the shots and improvements, they seem great to me. With the fireflies added it makes it a lot easier to see whats going on. If you could attempt to send across the improved images, ill put the newer version into the Animatic (I think I'm missing that last shot anyway at the moment). If emailings not an option (i know how big these bad boys are!) then if you could pop them to me in the studio. Btw, very happy with the backgrounds :)

    I'm getting together all the different bits for the preparation for animation at the moment. The high contrast background idea seems good to me, and if you'd like me to sort that out I'd be happy to. I'm putting together a list of our shots, and the graticule sizes we need to use for each at the moment. We are going to be Animating Wednesday onwards, and so I thought Wednesday morning can be specifically for making sure everyone knows all they need before animating. Thats all the techie info we need, and me giving you the equipment.

    ReplyDelete